Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BMPs->compressed file

This topic is 5512 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok iv got say 15 BMPs to a monster in my game < all diffrent angles> how do i say compress them so that they are only one file?... like ant.bfg anyone have a neat program or sumthin free? thanks Paul Donald ----------------------------- Im a Noob but i am willing to learn -----------------------------

What exactly do you mean by compressing it into one file? Do you mean have them all next to each other in a table manor in a single file or in seperate frames in a file like animated GIFs? For the first, you just open them up in mspaint and copy them together like everybody else said. If you want to compress that, then save it in a compressed format such as jpeg. As for the GIF method, you need a GIF creator and you''ll need to write a GIF reader which isn''t easy so to tell you the truth go with the first. You may probobly want to create a ... whats it called ... indexed? no. table? no. ne-ways its in the graphics and theory section of the articles section. by tanstffl on images or something. anyways, it lets you organize your sections of your image so you can reference only certain parts of it.

---
Brent Gunning | My Site

Guest Anonymous Poster
I wouldn''t use bmp''s if you are at all worried about size. Do you use the Nvidia SDK at all? They have some good code to read/write compressed files.

You can combine them all into one bitmap (I think thats what he meant by mspaint) or you can put them into an archive, like a zip file. You can then use this file with Zlib or any other free zip library.

This is a pre-existing game were workin on, its a Online game that was given out servers and now were trying to recompress the files from bmp format.. we got it uncompressed when it was in BGF format

so here

we took the bgf. uncompiled it, it turned into 15 diffrent bmp files. we want to edit these files, recompress them, and ta''da back to frogman1.bgf

the process is diffrent from what i hear, and like i said we can decompile them its recompiling them which is the problem i was wondering if anyone knows a good recompiling program or know how to use Crusher! Data compression Demo..

This is a pre-existing game were workin on, its a Online game that was given out servers and now were trying to recompress the files from bmp format.. we got it uncompressed when it was in BGF format

so here

we took the bgf. uncompiled it, it turned into 15 diffrent bmp files. we want to edit these files, recompress them, and ta''da back to frogman1.bgf

the process is diffrent from what i hear, and like i said we can decompile them its recompiling them which is the problem i was wondering if anyone knows a good recompiling program or know how to use Crusher! Data compression Demo..

i did manage to find a site to tell me how crusher compresses it but i also found out there are headers and "Magic Numbers" that it needs to write to the bgf. so im talking with a few people who are programming these tools and they are trying to get one to recompile this information, but if anyone has anymore clues im willing to explore the options..