What should we do with the idea?

Started by
3 comments, last by RattlesnakeJc 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello all. Basic newbies here. My friend and I have been game critics for quite some time and want to come up with a game that meets our requirements and those of so many other gamers out there. We don''t have any programming experience but we would be willing to do what we can on the creative side and learn to use tools to help in the process. The questions are when we get our game story and design document all fleshed out, what should we do from there? I''m sure it will be necissary to raise funds, so what would be the suggestion on that? Also, can we make this game for the Xbox? We appreciate all the information you can respond with.
Advertisement
Of you want to make the game for xbox you''ll have to talk to microsoft. Be prepared to have some serious content if you got MS.
First thing to do is to find a group of people who will be willing to work on your idea. You''ll need a couple of programmers, a musican and sfx expert and bunch of talented artists (the size of the team usually depends on how big you want your game to be). The tricky part is, getting them to work hard for free. Belive me, you won''t get any funds from game companies just with a smashing idea. I''ve tryied that with several companies and the answer was always the same: "the idea is great, but we want to see demo which will show all of the game''s features". And it''s a looong way from idea to working demo version. Ofcourse, you could fund your team from your own pocket, but keep in mind that games take up to several years to develop and i doubt you can afford that.
I''ve tryied to assemble my own team a year or two ago, but finding right people is harder than you might think. At first they were all very enthusiastic, but after a month or so, some of them lost that enthusiasm, started to fall behind their schedule and finaly dropped out. As i pointed out before - working hard for something that might never pay off is not something everybody is prepared to do.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your project.
LoudCloud46... tiny games developer
Oh, and check out topic ''Help with project'' and ZoomBoy''s reply for some good pointers on how to organize your team.
Oh, and check out topic ''Help with project'' and ZoomBoy''s reply for some good pointers on how to organize your team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement