Multiple vertex shaders?

Started by
11 comments, last by Beavt8r 21 years, 5 months ago
Well, what I was loosely basing it on was NPR Quake. You bring down the console and can change the rendering style on the fly. That''s sort of what I would like to have, because if you chose one shader and didn''t like it, it would be nice to just be able to implement it without quitting, etc...just do like NPR Quake and bring down the console and change it right there. Of course, I guess you could use the classes like you said...because I don''t know if I like the idea of having all the shaders in memory, and when I change them I could just delete the current one and assemble the new one if the memory was really an issue.

It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming...

-Beavt8r
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
Advertisement
A little off-topic, but:

You could even make the different shading styles ''unlockable secrets.'' Like, if the player completes an area within a certain time, the option for hatch-shading appears in the options menu - a bit like Goldeneye.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Yeah, that''s what I''m contemplating now. I''m going to have a ton of codes, and the way I''m leaning is that I should have some of the shaders available at the beginning and having the rest of them available with a code. It has definitely crossed my mind.

It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming...

-Beavt8r
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement