Why do I have the dubest compiler ever?

Started by
34 comments, last by hibiki_konzaki 21 years, 5 months ago
OK, my compiler is stupid. I get these errors: :\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\2drpg\2drpg.h(149) : warning C4091: '''' : ignored on left of ''int'' when no variable is declared c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\2drpg\2drpg.h(149) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '';'' before ''constant'' on these lines: int Closing_Init(); int Closing(); and when I comment those out, I get them on: } int Closing() { The first lines of code are function headers in a header file, and the second is the end of one function, and the startof another. I have no idea in heck what it''s talking about. Hibiki Wheres the any key?
find your element at mutedfaith.com. <º>
HibikiWheres the any key?www.geocities.com/dragongames123/home.html
find your elementat mutedfaith.com.<º>
Advertisement
i hate those dumb microsoft compilers. i like using

[http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html]

it''s really awesome. also, be sure to get the latest mingw headers from [mingw.sourceforge.net].

hope i was of some assistance.
Air-Conditioners are like computers. They stop working when you open windows.
I used to have that until I moved to Win32 programming. Can it compile Win32/DX progs in the same syntax as VC++ 6 so I don''t have to convert all that much?

Hibiki
Wheres the any key?

find your element
at mutedfaith.com.
<º>
It''s your fault.

But yes, Dev-C++ does Win32 programs. It''s not too hard to make the switch; Dev-C++ is just slower, unstable, and doesn''t allow for large project organization.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

HEY DON''T DIS DEV-C++!
jk!

lol. well, it''s not too unstable. project management aint good, but it''s not too bad. it''s an overall good compiler.
Those warning are most likely because you''ve done something wrong hibiki. The error is most likely in the code just prior to the ''int Closing_Init();'' line.

Hey ZE, what''s Dev-C++ is slower than what? I don''t think it''s slower than any MS IDE. And all the MS IDEs are unstable as well (helps alot if you disable intellisense, but then why use Visual Studio?)
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Not from my experiences. Might just be my system, but it always locked after just a few seconds when manipulating multi-file projects. I must really be doing something wrong, because from what I''ve done, I don''t see how anyone could even get a basic game up in Dev-C++. Of course, this is post-version-4.5 release, which was actually a really nice build. If it''d had file tree support and they hadn''t rushed the 5.xx betas, they might''ve had a very competent package. As it is, I can''t stand it.

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I''ve looked over the code around there alot, and nothing is wrong. I''ve also commented out all the code on either side of both places about 10 lines above and the Closing finction and the one above it, and rewrote them, plus all my function headers in that area, and I rewrote them, not copy and paste, and the errors still happen. Sometimes it does that and then stops after I reboot my computer, but it still hasn''t stopped. I''ve tried everything I can think of, but nothing works.
did you try rebuilding the entire project using the rebuild all command? sometiems it fixes annoying problems that come out of nowhere

Hmm learning OpenGL and C++ at the same time is like trying to learn french while in the middle of Paris
Hmm learning OpenGL and C++ at the same time is like trying to learn french while in the middle of Paris
try compiling it with Dev just to see if that works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement