Doesn't show rectangular bitmaps right

Started by
15 comments, last by The_Minister 24 years ago
Okay I looked it up in the help file.

Width is 250, and height is 200, as it should be.
Printed right after the bitmap was loaded.

Any takers?

The_Minister
[email=mwronen@mweb.co.za" onmouseOver="window.status='Mail The_Minister'; return true" onmouseOut="window.status=' '; return true]The_Minister[/email]1C3-D3M0N Interactive
Advertisement
Is there a pitch value in the BITMAPINFOHEADER structure?

lntakitopi@aol.com
http://geocities.com/guanajam/
I had the same problem a few days ago I think.

My solution was making all the bitmaps I load in sizes that are dividable by 8.
250/8=31,25 (not good)
200/8=25 (good)

Try it.

I think it''s DirectX that can''t handle other sizes
SHilbert: No there isn''t, and I don''t think there needs to be.

goir: Good idea, but one of the bitmaps in the screenshot is 300x300, not divisable by eight . Are you saying that maybe DirectDraw can''t blit surfaces that are not divisable by eight? Or maybe it''s divisable by four, not eight, as that would work with 300? Intriguing notion... But still that is a bit of a restriction.
Did your bitmap get spliced up like mine? BTW is that screenie even coming through, because I think xoom.com is messing me around again...
Also there is no mention of this in the SDK that I have seen... still I will try it... 200x400 sounds fair enough.

The_Minister
[email=mwronen@mweb.co.za" onmouseOver="window.status='Mail The_Minister'; return true" onmouseOut="window.status=' '; return true]The_Minister[/email]1C3-D3M0N Interactive
Holy Cr@p it works . /me smothers goir in kisses.. wait... no .

Thanks guys

The_Minister
What happed to my bitmaps was that they looked like every row was pushed a bit to the left (or right, I don''t remember). Kina like what I mad below
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
/ / / / /

Also the colors was messed up and looked a little like black and white (but there were other colors aswell).

and I can''t see that ''screenie'' all I see is an xoom logo.

I think you can solve the problem by making the surface in a multiple of 8 and then only use part of the surface when you blit, but I haven''t tried.
Yeah that''s exactly what I got, thanks. I will have to do a bit of el hacko to get this right.

The_Minister

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement