• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crizz

Visual Basic 6 and DirectX...can they go together?

This topic is 6932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to understand how to use DX7 with VB6 a long time ago from Microsoft''s sites, but nothing! I tried some codes from here but it seemed to be for VC++, cause it didn''t work in VB. So I''d like some examples with DirectDraw or DirectSound, so I''ll get started! (It''s reallly confuting this declaration things). Please specify where is code must be typed (class, module... etc). And if any "references" or "components". PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisement
Download the the directx7 sdk from www.microsoft.com. It''s 128MB so if you have a slow modem you may want to pay the $7 to have the CD shipped to you. The SDK is vital for a beginner in DX. It has a lot of C++ examples, too, bad plenty of code and examples for VB.

p.s. You may not be ready for DX if you can''t tell the difference between VB and C++ code =)

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

Maybe you are right! Can you give me the exact URL to download DirectX7 SDK, please?
Do you think evem if I download this, I wont manage to use DirectX advantages in VB?
You think I must first learn C++?
Thank you for replying (even you didn''t let me much hopes)

I think what he was getting at is that if you don''t understand VB code well enough to tell it apart from C++, then you need to read a book on VB before you try and figure out the SDK .

--TheGoop

Try www.chez.com/scribe
or members.xoom.com/vba51

Those pages are the same, but it has links to other vb sites.

Guest Anonymous Poster
for vb, U just need to install the run time librarys and U can start programming. The docs r useful so U can donload it too

hey , crizz, did u saw the game between panaitinaikos and maccabi tel aviv?

Posted By Xeno.
Kobe Bryant- "Just believe in yourself"

Actually, if you click the ''L'' on the tutorial side of the DirectX Help file. If will have some options. I beleive they are all, C++, and visual basic. Then the tutorial will be in that language. So you DON''T have to understand VC++ to code DirectX in Vb. If it was like that. Then I''d be coding in DX in VC++ about 3 years earlier! hehe

Justin Eslinger
members.xoom.com/Blackscar

Thank you all for replying! I think already managed to start a little with DX7 (DirectSound-DirectInput for the time).
My special thanks to "Nes8Bit" for his URLs, were really helpful!
I think this matter is over and thank you all for your advises!

Now let''s go to my next Problem!!! grrrr

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!