• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freddie

Help Wanted!

This topic is 6939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i need a animation-program/example in assembly language, i''ve made one myself but in some weird fucking way it doesnt work and no-one has been willing to help me solve the problem so please give me an example. It would also be nice if it had an Time-delay funtktion... //freddie You say ''Hi'' and I say ''How?'' You say ''I dont know'' I am my own virus I dont need a host to live! [Email]Doomer7@hotmail.com[/Email]

Advertisement
If you work with DOS, I can write you an assembly time delay function where the parameter is in cx:

push ds
push bx
push ax; save register contents

xor ax,ax
mov ds,ax
mov ax,[46Ch]
time_loop:
mov bx,[46Ch]
sub bx,ax
cmp bx,cx
jnz time_loop; wait cx/18.2 seconds

pop ax
pop bx
pop ds

I suggest you to post some of your code, maybe somebody could help you then.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA

Thanx for the routine GA, it helps...
I''ve posted the code on so many places without answers so im really glad for any help, here''s the code(not very optimized though, im a half-newbie):
mov di,100 ;start X,Y

mov si,offset Picture
xor ax,ax
@Animera:
cmp ax,2
je @Check
call @Draw
;call @WaitRetrace
inc di
inc ax
call @Clear
jmp @Animera
this loops for ever, it doesnt seem to increase AX, the WaitR is uncommented becuase it hang the computer when running...
Someone said it was fine, no problems but whatelse could be wrong with the entire program if it runs in a everlasting loop? If want to, you can get the whole code, if you dont find any errors here......
Thanx in advance.
BTW: Fredric, did I? When are born? I got mine in july 1983.

You say ''Hi'' and I say ''How?''
You say ''I dont know''

I am my own virus
I dont need a host to live!
[Email]Doomer7@hotmail.com[/Email]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!