Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my F15 fighter jet sim

This topic is 5501 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just completed few levels. It run just find on my pc, but I need to know it''s performance on other pc too. I put a fps counter.Hope anybody can feed me back with the frame rate

Very nice Great work with the models, camera, and clouds. All you really need now is some more eye candy. Network play might also be an idea but its usually hard to apend that onto an already made game.

In one of my other demos i did a water simulation that might look good in your game. Its easy to implement and fairly quick (although in the demo its not so quick, which is understandable since im simulating an ocean up close - the speed can be adjusted). You can download the demo from members.rogers.com/ramrajb/Downloads/IslandDemo.zip

If you want the source just email me - thereisnocowlevel@hotmail.com

"Free advice is seldom cheap."
-- Rule of Acquisition #59

so I think it runs well on other pc too...
sorry I forgot to put the link.thanks matrix
there''s no mirroring, sorry about that
I''m thinking about using multimedia libray for joystick since i never program Dx

that is extremly impressive. Very very professional (well, maybe not the tank )

runs well. not an enormous frame rate, but was still fine.

I think you need to do a bit of work on the lighting of the terrain though, it just doesn''t feel right... At first I thought it was water... The fog really needs to be thinner and start further into the distance, and be more grey... and the terrain needs to be much brighter, with heavily contrasting lighting..
but thats just my opinion

Nicely done! It ran fine on my Radeon8500, Athlon 1.1 ghz, 640 MB ram.

When you crash into the ground, it would be nice if the smoke/fire textures would rotate (billboard) to face the viewer, this would add much realism.

Thanks for sharing!

edit: Got about 50 fps at 800x600

----------------
Interesting quote deleted at request of owner

[edited by - yakuza on November 18, 2002 9:02:14 PM]

thanks for the feedback. I''ve make a quiet detail tank model but the game runs slow on my pc because I like to put a bunch of tanks together. So I put the old model back(temporarily). If you want the aircraft model you can get it at MODELS page of my website. It''s free for everybody.

I''m searching for a billboarding tutorial that use the projection/modelview matrix to calculate the angle. Right now I''m using the camera angle to rotate the quads and in the last camera it doesn''t work right.

Actually you can modify the fog/light in the config/stageXX.txt file. The terrain lighting is precalculated using the diffuse light that you give. Actually I tried to increase the contras but I keep increasing the brightness too.

quote:
I''m searching for a billboarding tutorial that use the projection/modelview matrix to calculate the angle. Right now I''m using the camera angle to rotate the quads and in the last camera it doesn''t work right.

Perhaps this tutorial will help you?
http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/billboarding/

----------------
Interesting quote deleted at request of owner

billboarding is pretty straight forward.
assuming your only using the projection matrix for fov/aspect, then it's juts down to the modelview matrix...

this is code ripped straight from my project:

spriteAngle[0]=Vector3(modelview[0],modelview[1],modelview[2]);
spriteAngle[1]=Vector3(modelview[4],modelview[5],modelview[6]);

(this code is set when you set your camera position, NOT every time you use glTranslate, or whatnot, to move to render an object)

if you add and subtract each from a vertex, to get 4 vertices, you then will get a diamond shape on screen... to make that a square instead, you can just do a matrix mult of the vectors with a matrix rotated on 0,0,-PI/4... you may also want to scale to correct the aspect ratio... (thats done to these two vectors, not on the billboard vertices)..

so a billboard would just end up having the following vectices:

Vector3 position; //billboard position

Vector3 vertices[4]={
position+spriteAngle[0],
position+spriteAngle[1],
position-spriteAngle[0],
position-spriteAngle[1]};

and bang, you have vertices for a billboard.

[edited by - RipTorn on November 19, 2002 8:43:48 PM]