Excellent Game prog DVD Course

Started by
1 comment, last by mariloba 21 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I am in the process of making a game which uses an scripting language. I heard about Python being used for this purpose so I started to implement it in my game engine. It was very complicated and I got almost no help in doing it. To tell you the truth it was kind of frustrating. Five months ago I found this web site (http://www.digisur.com) and my life has changed since then. They were requesting videogame programmers (both newbies and experts) to serve as Betatesters for the new upcoming DVD videocourse on Game programming. I enroled the team because it sounded interesting to me, and it was. They sent me 3 parcels since then with 3 different versions of their DVD course. We gave Digisur.com our input and they have changed many things since first version. And I have to tell you that the course is great!!! I have learnt so many things with this course that I have rejected the idea of using Python (very powerful but complex) and added LUA extension language to my project. The DVD videocourse STICKY CODE: GLUE C++ AND LUA TOGETHER is fantastic for those learning to program videogames. Mr. Lovi, the Senior Videogame programmer in charge of the project explains perfectly how to create your own game engine with the ease of use of a scripting language like LUA. This experience was so exciting to me that I decided to share it with the rest of the videogame programming community. This course uses OpenGL as the 3D graphics engine although it uses DirectX for sounds, input and networking. Thanks, Mari Lobato marilobato@terra.es
Advertisement
Die spammer scum!!!
I LOVE...

pan narrans
Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement