Advancing to a new type of creating games

Started by
5 comments, last by Symetrix 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello I am new here, but I have good experience with Delphi, Visual Basic and 3d gamestudio. I have created some good games in all of those programs, but I am looking to advance beyond them to what you have here. I''ve taken a look at some of the tutorials and resources here, but is there anything else people would suggest? Thanks
Advertisement
Use C++. A good book would be better than an online tutorial, but it''s more expensive (anything is more expensive than free ).

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
quote:Original post by Nathaniel Hammen
anything is more expensive than free

Except being paid for learning
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
quote:Original post by xaxa
Except being paid for learning

I doubt you''ll ever find that in the video game industry, but go elseswhere in software development and you''ll find quite a few jobs that will pay you to learn (my last employer wasn''t *that* generous, but I could at least get books and some courses covered by the company)
That is one nice thing about working for the Feds. All of IT in my department can get their learning paid for. I am going to get my degree paid for, I just have to get accepted to university.

Make it work, then
make it fast.

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Do you need to pay for C++?
quote:Original post by Symetrix
Do you need to pay for C++?

no.

My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement