DX + MFC + ActiveX problems

Started by
2 comments, last by Vladislav 21 years, 5 months ago
Hi! I am bound to using MFC because I have to use ActiveX. So far I was very unsuccessfull in a simple task of showing two bitmaps on the screen while using VC++ and an MFC application. It all works fine and dandy with WinMain and such but as soon as I touch MFC I either get crashes left and right or nothing showing. I looked at tons of source on the net and nothing seems to work! What I''m trying to do in MFC is the following: I have first window with a couple of buttons, one is exit one is go, when you press go I just want two BMPs on the screen, I ported EXACT same code as I used in my WinMain program except for HWND I get this way: ghWnd = AfxGetMainWnd()->GetSafeHwnd(); and then I initialize DD and do everything else. This way doesn''t work for some reason and I don''t get any pictures on the screen, just a blank window screen. If anyone here has any experience using MFC and DX for a very simple task of showing pictures on the screen please reply here or write me at rum@softhome.net thank you!
Advertisement
someone please help...
If you are using ddraw remember to make sure to actually flip the back and front buffers otherwise nothing will show.
thanks for the reply, I do flip the buffers so that''s not the problem...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement