Console Programming

Started by
2 comments, last by Thaynx 23 years, 12 months ago
I am wanting to start working with programming console games(ie dreamcast). Can anyone point me in the direction where I can get information, pointers, compilers, .... Thanks in advance If you can''t win, make sure the one that beats you breaks the record!
If you can''t win, make sure the one that beats you breaks the record!
Advertisement
Metrowerks makes a compiler for playstation, palm, mac, pc, etc... go to www.metrowerks.com for the full list.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

I believe there''s a console programming section at Yahoo.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Good luck getting development tools and information on the Dreamcast if you''re just an individual without a bunch of money to spend.

If you''re willing to step down a generation, you can get a Playstation setup with a GameShark/ProActionReplay adapter and a PC-Link cable that, in conjunction with a cross-compiling version of the GNU tool set (gcc, etc), will allow you to develop software on the Playstation.

Also, there''s similiar setups (often as part of a console ''copier'' system) that allow for using standard off-the-shelf consoles as low-end development systems for the N64, the Color Game Boy and earlier consoles.

I haven''t seen any similar type of setup that allows for Dreamcast development, with the exception of some information and an assembler for writing small VMU games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement