Hey some of u may remember me

Started by
5 comments, last by TheNewQuantumKid 21 years, 5 months ago
Hey its me quantum kid... havnt been on for a while so i created a new account. now u wouldnt know me if u havnt been to the beginners section so dont go back through all ur posts looking for me... lol. any way im starting on a 2D game for the computer with C++ and DirectX. im trying to write a tile engine and i am having dificulty. if anyone could help email me or if there is a tutorial on this on gamedev or sumwere else then please post a link. thanks. please post a.s.a.p.! thanks in advance your begining DirectX game programmer QuantumKid Quantum Kid! "When the going hets tough he tough gets going"
Quantum Kid!"When the going hets tough he tough gets going"
Advertisement
hmmmm is it just me or does this guy sound a lot like that rodneyldixon poster??

Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
i dunno who ur tlakking about, my old account was QuantumKid i think... i cant remember thats why i made a new one

[EDIT] btw im 12 if i havnt mentioned it before

[edited by - TheNewQuantumKid on November 20, 2002 9:47:25 AM]
Quantum Kid!"When the going hets tough he tough gets going"
Have you tried the Isometric Land forum? They might have some posts to help you out.

It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming...

-Beavt8r
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
Would this be your old account? If so you can go here to get a password reminder.
oh yeah.. I remember you.. you had your mom defending you in that newbie teaching newbie thread *lol*.. It seems to me that you started this thread just to get some recognition.. there is a whole forum dedicated to tile engines. There is also a section in the Articles and Resources dedicated to the subject.. Check out the tutorials there.. follow them and if you do not understand what the author is talking about, or if you need some elaboration on a subject.. post a question to the Iso forum. Threads like this is a waste of (in GameDevs case) precious bandwidth..

btw im not trying to offend or "newbie-bash" you.. but I assume from your earlier post that this is not the first time you have visited Game dev.. so you should know to look in the Articles and resources. Furthermore you should also know that you have to be specific about your questions.. When you post a question like: how do i make a tileengine?.. no one wants to help you because it indicates that you have not done ANY research yourself.. read the tutorials.. and if you have a problem understanding them, post here

good luck with your engine :-).. and I think it is kindda cool that a 12 year old attemps to learn C++.. I used basic when I was your age.. but then again.. I had a C64 :-)
Im working on one, maybe you''d be interested in it? Mail me if so...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement