Turbo C++ != DirectX??

Started by
3 comments, last by Ack 23 years, 12 months ago
I know I''m doing something wrong here, and it should be painfully obvious, but I can''t figure it out. I looked at the samples that came w/DirectX, and tried to compile the included sample code using my Borland Turbo C++, but it is giving me an error I cannot fathom fixing. It says that within the files included from DirectX (in this case, "ddraw.h" and "ddutil.h") there are numerous declaration syntax errors. Why would my compiler think there are mistakes in these files (which I assume have *no* mistakes)? I''ve written it as follows w/out success: #include #include "ddraw.h" And gotten error notices like this: Error ... DDUTIL.H 14: Declaration Syntax Error Error ... DDRAW.H 699: Declaration Missing ; Is it because the example code was probably made using a Microsoft compiler and thus needs fixing to work on my Turbo compiler? Or is it the DirectX files themselves?
Advertisement
i''m not sure, but i don''t think you can use DX with Turbo C++ because it''s an 16 bit compiler. To use DX you need a 32 bit compiler such as VC++ 4 and above. I think the borland 32 bit compiler is Borland C++ Builder.

+AA_970+
Dood, you can''t what so ever use turbo c++ with dx, Tirbo is dinosaur technology you need new compiler

It wont work because dx uses COM and all kinds of gadgets that turbo can''t do!
Hardcore Until The End.
The cool canadian is right...

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Thanks so much guys! That''s just what I needed to know! Well, I guess I''d better go buy a new compiler ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement