Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct Input problems

This topic is 5503 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok...I managed to get over all of my errors with directdraw, only to open up a whole bunch of problems when I tried to use directinput. I followed all of the tutorials, etc...and everything seems to work, except that it keeps telling me that DirectDrawCreateEx doesn''t exist. It also says the same of DirectDrawCreate. I searched through the header file (dinput.h), and I found the prototype for both of them. Yes, I do have dinput.h included. Please help!! ___________________ ~Analazon

quote:
Original post by Analazon
Ok...I managed to get over all of my errors with directdraw, only to open up a whole bunch of problems when I tried to use directinput. I followed all of the tutorials, etc...and everything seems to work, except that it keeps telling me that DirectDrawCreateEx doesn't exist. It also says the same of DirectDrawCreate. I searched through the header file (dinput.h ), and I found the prototype for both of them. Yes, I do have dinput.h included. Please help!!

#include "ddraw.h" ???

-----------------edit
Sorry! I forgot you wanted DInput.
Well use DirectInput8Create()...

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on November 19, 2002 1:36:35 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
sorry about the misunderstanding..."Think, then post"....I meant to put DirectInputCreate. I guess I''ll look at the dx8 input stuff...but I lack the 8 sdk on my laptop...

ok, I migrated to DInput 8, and have all of that code (apparently) working. The real issue lies in the fact that no matter what I do, it allways gives me LNK2001 errors. Here the "unresolved external symbols" (note, not all of them are solely for dinput):

_DirectDrawCreateEx@16
_IID_IDirectDraw7
_c_dfDIMouse
_GUID_SysMouse
_c_dfDIKeyboard
_GUID_SysKeyboard
_DirectInput8Create@20
_IID_IDirectInput8A

please help!!!

You''ll need to make sure you''re linking with the correct libraries from the DirectX SDK, if you''re using DirectDraw from DX7 and DirectInput from DX8 the libraries you need to link with should be:

dxguid.lib
ddraw.lib
dinput8.lib

project->settings->link right?

Thank you very much...I''ll try that right now...

(weird thing: when I mouseover any of my direct input stuff...it tells me that it is a LPDIRECTINPUT______7...odd)