link errors in visual c++ 6.0 in anything i program

Started by
12 comments, last by com 21 years, 4 months ago
I had that error a while back in a pure Win32 project, and found it had nothing to do with project settings. There's one include that you are not allowed to miss out because it defines a few necessary macros that convert names: tchar.h . (yes, I know, what the **bleep** does tchar have to do with winmain? Well, the easy answer is "the necessary definitions for being to handle multibyte character sets if you want them supported in your project").

Now, my project was not a console project, but try including tchar.h before your main, and see if that helps.

Edit: whoops, well that wasn't it, then heheh. I'll leave the rest of the message here though, in case someone else has a similar problem.

[edited by - the_Programmer_Goblin on November 22, 2002 3:46:38 AM]
Advertisement
One last question: my program outputs a question then the user has to answer and it does this for about 10 questions the only problem is it outputs the first question the user answers then it outputs the secound and the user answers then it decides to output every question and then says press any key to exit and i dont want this to happen. Im sure there is a simple way to stop it like ages ago i knew a way to pause the system i belive it was #include <conio.h> then use system.pause(); but im not so sure. anyone know?
It''ll give you the pause message if you''re running it from MSVC++ IDE. Run it directly from the disk, and it won''t do this.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
ah didnt know that, thx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement