Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BattleTanksGL

This topic is 5503 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I''m in the process of creating a small game (my first "real" one) titled "BattleTanksGL". Its a kinda like a Bomber Man only with tanks and all that good stuff. I''ll keep everyone posted on my progress and also questions in case I need some help on an aspect. Also, if anyone has some suggestions concerning gameplay I would be more than glad to look into them.

A Bomberman clone with tanks?

Booooooooo.

You might want to rethink that bro. Please don''t end up ripping off bzflag either...

I don''t want to end this post with sour grapes, so I''ll say this: stay with the tank idea. GL tanks rule! But try to do something that no one has seen before. Make a tank game where you can actually blow a lot of shit up...I''ve played too many tank games where you can only destroy the enemy...you can''t have fun blowing a building to bits or blowing up a bridge as someone is crossing...that would be cool. I know the collision detection and destruction sequences could be scary to code, but a sacrifice in graphics or realism for more fun gameplay could be a way of minimizing code, and wouldn''t take away from the fun aspect. Most people forget about graphics (at least i do) if the game is really fun to play ( starcraft...).

-Q