Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a tutorial on Mode13 that doesnt work for me

This topic is 5506 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is some code that is supposed to work (so i think) but when i compile it gives lots of errors like _AX undeclared and the like. #include <DOS.H> #include <MEM.H> #include <STDLIB.H> #include <STDIO.H> //--[ SETS SCREEN TO MODE 13H ]------------// void setGFXMODE() { _AX = 0x0013; geninterrupt(0x10); } //--[ SETS SCREEN TO TEXT MODE ]----------// void setTXTMODE() { _AX = 0x0003; geninterrupt(0x10); } //--[ PLOTS PIXEL USING BIOS ]------------// void pixelBIOS(int x,int y,char color) { _AH = 0x0C; _AL = color; _CX = x; _DX = y; _BX = 0x01; geninterrupt(0x10); } //--[ PLOTS PIXEL DIRECTLY TO MEMORY ]---// void pixelMEMORY(int x, int y, char color) { memset(MK_FP(0xA000, x+(y*320)), color, 1); } void main() { long ctr; setTXTMODE(); printf("\n\nNOMAD GRAPHICS TUTORIAL - [ PART 1 ]\n"); printf("\n This is a sample code included with GFXTUT1.TXT"); printf("\n to show how to implement the sample codes that"); printf("\n were given in the said tutorial.\n"); printf("\n [ Press Any Key to Begin ]"); (void)getch(); setGFXMODE(); for(ctr=0; ctr<100000; ctr++) pixelBIOS(random(320), random(200), random(256)); setTXTMODE(); printf("\n\nNOMAD GRAPHICS TUTORIAL - [ PART 1 ]\n"); printf("\n That was 100000 random pixels using the BIOS \ method."); printf("\n Press any key again to see 100000 random pixels \ being"); printf("\n plotted using the direct-memory plotting method."); (void)getch(); setGFXMODE(); for(ctr=0; ctr<100000; ctr++) pixelMEMORY(random(320), random(200), random(256)); setTXTMODE(); printf("\n\nNOMAD GRAPHICS TUTORIAL - [ PART 1 ]\n"); printf("\n Now wasn''t that faster? Well, That''s all for"); printf("\n now. See you in GFXTUT2.TXT!...\n"); printf("\n email: [ willietang@hehe.com ]\n"); }