my early engine

Started by
13 comments, last by Andreidbz 21 years, 5 months ago
This is a demo from an engine i am working now. What do you think? http://www.marvelsoft.150m.com/demo2.exe
La peine d''un crever...La peine de tuer...La peine d''aller en enfer...Amen...
Advertisement
PS. If you experience texture problems, hit ''L'' to take off the lightmap.
What is up with that download site? I''m having a hard time getting the file.

Billy - BillyB@mrsnj.com
20 Meg Limit Exceeded!

This site has exceeded its limit of 20 MB of transfer per day. The account can be upgraded to a paid account to increase the transfer limit to 3 Gigs of transfer per month in your 150m.com user tools section.

If you would like your own 100 MB FREE WEB SITE with a long list of features simply sign up at 150m.com.
it either doesn''t download at all or it gets a size mismatch.
I checked again the link and it worked (30-40kb/s). Try using save as.. from windows and not a download manager.
if the first link does not work, try this one:
http://webstorage.btinet.net/get_file.php?fid=34699&fn=demo2.exe/demo2.exe
yup. she works now..

a few suggestions:

the terrain is extremly bright, which is odd... I''m guessing that your lighting code is disabled/in the works ...

the tree seemed to slow things down quite surprisingly... the difference in frame rate when it was on or off screen was pretty much ~200 off, ~80 on... so I''m guessing there are some issues in the code there...

not quite so bad for the particles though.

| - Project-X - my mega project.. big things comming soon - | - adDeath - an ad blocker I made - | - email me - |
The bright terrain is a bug from multitexturing (i am working now on it). Push ''L'' or ''M'' for turning OFF the multitexturing. The tree i got it from a site and it has 6000 polygons, that''s why it is slowing the demo (i put the tree only to test the object rendering).
i get fps from 330 to 22. When i look on a particle system my fps are devreasing very fast. So you should optimise your particle system part. In a nutshell, your engine seems yet good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement