Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips for an upcoming strategy rpg game.

This topic is 5503 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m currently devolping a prototype for a fantasy strategy rpg game, but I would be greatfull for all tips on what my game could include. I know there are a lot of rpg games out there, and maybe even more opinons on what this Rpg games can, and can''t do. I would really like to start an discussion here, on what elements a good strategy rpg game( The setting be fantasy,AD&D etc) should include and what it should not include. Etc Races, character descriptions.......

Skills: everything having a plus and a minus. Normally just taking MP and associating timedelays work, but maybe you can be creative.

Math: the numbers and their correlations into damage and the like shouldn''t be so arcane that players can''t figure themout. Players should be able to strategize on that level.

Position: being able to place yourself serves two useful functions. First is to put yourself out of the battle for a turn or two. Second is to distract enemies into ignoring other characters.

-> Will Bubel
-> Machine wash cold, tumble dry.