Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bomberman!

This topic is 5499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've started making a Bomberman game using the GDI to familiarise myself more with the Windows API let me know what you think www.ak1ra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Bomberman.zip player 1 arrow keys to move enter to drop a bomb, player 2 wasd to move and t to drop a bomb. There isn't a limit to the number of bombs at the moment and there are no power ups yet. Oh and also how do I make the game build a .exe optimized for speed? At the moment I just cut and paste the .exe in the debug folder. edit: Can anyone with Windows 95 try it out? I heard something about not deleting bitmaps selected out of a DC causing a memory leak in Win95 or something.. [edited by - Kyo on November 20, 2002 12:06:00 PM]

put the gfx in \data\.
i love WinHEX!!!
shit beat me to it.... how did you do it?

anyways nice game....

K- bug!!!
if you put a bomb, run to the left or right, then press down(while the duck is still moving to the left or right) and the explosion comes, you dont die...

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on November 20, 2002 11:44:30 AM]

quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
put the gfx in \data\.
i love WinHEX!!!
shit beat me to it.... how did you do it?

anyways nice game....

K- bug!!!
if you put a bomb, run to the left or right, then press down(while the duck is still moving to the left or right) and the explosion comes, you dont die...

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on November 20, 2002 11:44:30 AM]

Aah thanks :D never noticed that.

The zip should have extract them automatically into a Data folder in the root directory where the .exe is.

QQ about your game: How did you make it so the window can't be resized? What window creation parameters? I've been looking through all the WS_ pre-defined parameters, but I've never found anything that makes the window non-resizable (thought it would be called WS_NORESIZE or something like that, but nope)

Edit: The window I want to make non-resizeable has a menu bar, a system menu (top-left corner), and the three icons in the top- right. The only parameter I'm using right now is WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE

[edited by - Reidonius on November 20, 2002 7:48:02 PM]