Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for 3D graphics engine

This topic is 5507 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I''m sure I don''t have your programming skills, but I hope you can give me a hint. I started a project for school in which I first planned to make a Halflife MOD, but now I had the idea to use another small 3D graphics engine to be independent from Half-Life. It should be (nearly) free and eventually with source code. I already created the BSP-file (big!) with Valve''s Hammer Editor, it''s a complete reprouction of my school (no weapons, lol). I don''t know if you can simply use Hammer''s BSP files in other Engines, can anyone tell me about that? I would be glad if someone of you would give me a little hint for an engine or a URL etc... Thanx for your help, Mindbender, Germany

That all depends on what formats the engine supports. Half-life''s engine use''s the bsp format you''ve created, however I don''t think many other engines do.

the UnrealEngine is awsome, but rather complex. It can take bsp, however you have to place AI waypoints and redo the entities.
The Half-life engine is just too outdated. The software renderer is faster then OpenGL+Direct3D for Pete''s Sake!!!

The past was unknown, the future was predicted.