Looking for 3D graphics engine

Started by
1 comment, last by Mindbender 21 years, 4 months ago
Hi! I''m sure I don''t have your programming skills, but I hope you can give me a hint. I started a project for school in which I first planned to make a Halflife MOD, but now I had the idea to use another small 3D graphics engine to be independent from Half-Life. It should be (nearly) free and eventually with source code. I already created the BSP-file (big!) with Valve''s Hammer Editor, it''s a complete reprouction of my school (no weapons, lol). I don''t know if you can simply use Hammer''s BSP files in other Engines, can anyone tell me about that? I would be glad if someone of you would give me a little hint for an engine or a URL etc... Thanx for your help, Mindbender, Germany
There is no spoon ...
Advertisement
That all depends on what formats the engine supports. Half-life''s engine use''s the bsp format you''ve created, however I don''t think many other engines do.
the UnrealEngine is awsome, but rather complex. It can take bsp, however you have to place AI waypoints and redo the entities.
The Half-life engine is just too outdated. The software renderer is faster then OpenGL+Direct3D for Pete''s Sake!!!

The past was unknown, the future was predicted.
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement