What equation or formula finds the intersection of vectors in 3d space?

Started by
3 comments, last by Shadow1234567890 21 years, 4 months ago
What equation or formula finds the intersection of vectors in 3d space.
What do you mean ''Someday become a programmer?'' I'm a programmer right now!
Advertisement
It doesn''t really make sense to find the intersection of vectors. Perhaps you mean lines or rays?

Firebird Entertainment
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Yes, lines, rays, vectors, whatever you call them they are lines and I need to find where they cross.

why wouldn't it make sense to find where vectors intersect? Is it just that you can't think of any use for it, or because it is impossible or something? Or what?

EDIT: Can this be a vector, or is it only a coordinate
( 560 -680 -272 )

[edited by - Shadow1234567890 on November 20, 2002 7:35:28 PM]
Okay, it doesn''t make sense for vectors to intersect because they aren''t lines or rays themselves. Judging by the questions you''re asking, you don''t really know a whole lot about vectors and such so I would recommend this:

http://www.flipcode.com/geometry/

It''s an excellent series on 3D geometry. It includes line intersections in one of the latest articles.

tj963
tj963
Thanks for the cool site, has a lot of useful info. I''ll be spending some days there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement