Need help with header files

Started by
6 comments, last by flukus 21 years, 5 months ago
First of all, I really didn''t want to ask this. I''ve checked multiple resources and over the last few days and all to no avail. Basicly, when I compile my program (with VC++ 6) I get this error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''dmksctrl.h'': No such file or directory ddraw.h and dsound.h are both above and work fine, even though I''ve done nothing to them. I''ve tried everythin I can think of to get the compile to recognise the file but I''m obviously forgetting something, probably something obvious, anyone know what it is?
Advertisement
What file includes dmksctrl.h? A DX header, or your own file?

If it''s your own file, make sure the include uses quotes rather than angle brackets.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Well that was aggrevatingly simple, thanks.
OK! Now I''m having the same problem when dmusici.h looks for dmusicc.h (which my program has already included anyway is going to do anyway). I''m not going to have to add an endless string of these header files am I?
Don''t include DMusicc.h before DMusici.h? I personally never got this and I included DMusicc before...
Wait... did I miss the question entirely..?

The past was unknown, the future was predicted.
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL
Crap, sorry! I meant my program includes dmusicc.h, just after dmusici.h, but compling stops near the top of dmusici because it can''t find dmusicc.
OK, i guess I was supposed to include c befor i, which seems to work, but then the compilation stops at the line #include "dls1.h" which is in dmusicc.h .

Is there anyway to just get the compiler to look in the dxsdk instead of having to add in all these other headers?
Make sure the path to the DXSDK headers is in your header paths, in MSVC++''s environment setup.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement