Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its me again SDL & Linux

This topic is 5498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, yes I know I just posted yesturday about VC++ and SDL, but my goal is to set up SDL on my linux install aswell... This is what I''ve done I''ve downloaded the devel and the runtime library for linux. when I tried to install the runtime library but get this: rpm -U --replacepkgs //home/slip/sdl/SDL-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm;echo RESULT=$? file /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 from install of SDL-1.2.5-1 conflicts with file from package libSDL1.2-1.2.4-11mdk RESULT=1 I''m no expert but I''m guessing I already have the run-time library installed? but it looks like an older version? I then installed the devel package successfully. =) My actual Question is... Now what? what compiler options and parameters is required to compile? or what do I need to know if that is the wrong question to ask? slip

alright
I went to the site and checked out all the faq,
now I know what I have to do to compile but I''m getting an error

/home/slip/tmp/cc6fte3o.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to ''__gxx_personality_v0''
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

thats a link (ld) error am I right?

what do I need to do?
slip