Its me again SDL & Linux

Started by
6 comments, last by slip 21 years, 5 months ago
hello, yes I know I just posted yesturday about VC++ and SDL, but my goal is to set up SDL on my linux install aswell... This is what I''ve done I''ve downloaded the devel and the runtime library for linux. when I tried to install the runtime library but get this: rpm -U --replacepkgs //home/slip/sdl/SDL-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm;echo RESULT=$? file /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 from install of SDL-1.2.5-1 conflicts with file from package libSDL1.2-1.2.4-11mdk RESULT=1 I''m no expert but I''m guessing I already have the run-time library installed? but it looks like an older version? I then installed the devel package successfully. =) My actual Question is... Now what? what compiler options and parameters is required to compile? or what do I need to know if that is the wrong question to ask? slip
www.ice-d.com
Advertisement
Take a look at the faq page on libsdl.org. There''s a section dedicated to linux which should answer your questions.
baumep
ahh yes
I knew there was something I still had to do on that site. shouldn''t have closed it.
thanks
www.ice-d.com
alright
I went to the site and checked out all the faq,
now I know what I have to do to compile but I''m getting an error

/home/slip/tmp/cc6fte3o.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to ''__gxx_personality_v0''
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

thats a link (ld) error am I right?

what do I need to do?
slip
www.ice-d.com
You''re right, it''s a linker error. I never encountered that one. A quick search on google led me to this message.
Are you using gcc or g++ to compile? The search results seem to indicate that this funtion is used when using some python libs.
baumep
alright cool
I''ll give it a go I was using gcc...
What is the difference between gcc and g++?
www.ice-d.com
Afaik gcc = gnu c compiler and g++ = gnu c++ compiler.
baumep
ahh right I thought I worked that out when I compiled C source with gcc for sdl =)
www.ice-d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement