Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaning and Compiling (VC++ problem)

This topic is 5502 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been using VC++ for a couple of years now, and even though I only use a small portion of its features I haven''t had a real problem with it. Except for now if I make any modifications to my code and I click Build, it doesn''t actually recompile the program. It goes through the motions, saying it''s compiled and linked the code, but it hasn''t - I know this because my program, hasn''t changed. To get an up-to-date executable version of my program I have to "Clean" the files and re-compile from scratch. Needless to say all the extra clicks are annoying, and the time spent waiting for a full compile is getting beyond a joke. I''m sure it''s just a setting I''ve changed by accident somewhere in the program, but what is it? Thanks! Gaz :o)

if the workspace starts behaving weirdly i try deleting the .ncb file

while we''re here, is there a way of just relinking a project. when one of the libraries i''m linking with changes i want to do a re-link. at the moment i recompile a small file in the project and then it needs to relink.

i''m sure there must be an option.