• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndrewSmart

Mouse Pointer position on a fullscreen window

This topic is 5749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm currently having a few issues with being able to determine the mouse pointer position on a full screen window. The fullscreen window has a menu enabled, but this only seems to appear when you take the mouse to the extreme top of the screen and press a mouse button. As part of the WM_MOUSEMOVE message handler for the window, I'm reading the current x,y position of the mouse pointer: int iMouseX = (int)LOWORD(lParam); int iMouseY = (int)HIWORD(lParam); Trouble is, this seems to be out in the vertical dimension by roughly the size of the menu bar ? Did anyone ever see this before, or am I missing some conversion to another window coordinate set or something ? Some help would be very gratefully received... Andrew [edited by - AndrewSmart on November 21, 2002 9:09:25 AM]

Advertisement
you can use GetCursorInfo(). just pass the adress to a CURSORINFO structure. you will probably have to #define WINVER 0x0500 too...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!