• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vijaykiran

OpenGL opengl compatibility in a web browser

This topic is 5787 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello guys, I was wondering if there are any plugins available anywhere so that opengl programs run in a web browser, like an internet explorer. I dont know if some one somewhere has developed this but I would surely want to know how is it done. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks, Vijay.

Advertisement
I have heard of one ActiveX control that does this. Not sure where to find it tho. Try searching on Google.

-dizzy

All you need to do is create an in-process active X control - then wrap it around your application and embed it into a web-page.

Any inproc activeX control can be embedded in a browser, even one that creates OpenGL rendering contexts.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!