[java] Java3D

Started by
2 comments, last by Mulligan 21 years, 5 months ago
I just downloaded and installed the java3D sdk, but cant compile the sun example files. I'm using TextPad. Is there anything I have to to specially to make it work. Here are the first of 78 more errors: C:\JavaGLSDK\demo\java3d\Text3D\Text3DLoad.java:40: package com.sun.j3d.loaders.objectfile does not exist import com.sun.j3d.loaders.objectfile.*; ^ C:\JavaGLSDK\demo\java3d\Text3D\Text3DLoad.java:44: package com.sun.j3d.utils.applet does not exist import com.sun.j3d.utils.applet.MainFrame; ^ C:\JavaGLSDK\demo\java3d\Text3D\Text3DLoad.java:45: package com.sun.j3d.utils.universe does not exist import com.sun.j3d.utils.universe.*; ^ C:\JavaGLSDK\demo\java3d\Text3D\Text3DLoad.java:46: package javax.media.j3d does not exist import javax.media.j3d.*; ^ C:\JavaGLSDK\demo\java3d\Text3D\Text3DLoad.java:47: package javax.vecmath does not exist EDIT: fixed some wording [edited by - Mulligan on November 21, 2002 3:26:37 PM]
Advertisement
I think you need java3d
Looks like you need to change your class path so your compiler can find the required jars. I think there is a readme file that come with the sdk that might help.

"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."
Thomas Jefferson
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
heh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement