new in opengl

Started by
6 comments, last by Bruno 23 years, 12 months ago
Hi I''m tryng to learn programming in opengl, but i''m unable to compile any programs that use the gl.h... I get a bunch of errors, 102 when i compile.., any ideias? I''m using opengl95.exe drivers , is this the correct one? thanks Bruno
Advertisement
Are you using MSVC++? If so, you have to add OpenGL32.lib or something like that to the Project Settings box.

Lack

Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Go here for compiler setup for opengl :

http://nehe.gamedev.net/opengl.asp

He also has some nice tutorials on there! Hope that helps.

Justin Eslinger
http://members.xoom.com/Blackscar
~-=-=-=-=-=-=~~Justin Eslinger~~.."BlackScar"..~~-=-=-=-=-=-=~
Under Windows you generally have to include before the OpenGL headers. This is pretty stupid (blame Microsoft) but alas.
thanks guys
i did it

Bruno
Tss, GMCBay, if you think including is stupid, what language are you using??

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I generally use C/C++.

My post doesn't make as much sense as I intended because the forum software ate up my references to <windows.h> because I didn't escape the <> symbols, doh!

What I meant to say is that its stupid that you have to include <windows.h> before &ltgl/gl.h&gt.
since <gl/gl.h> uses Windows-specific datatypes and OpenGL is not Windows-specific.

Not doing so complicates crossplatform OpenGL code. Of course, the complication is very slightly, but its still there and was easy enough for Microsoft to have avoided that its annoying.

Edited by - gmcbay on 4/26/00 12:39:17 PM
Hmm yeah that''s a point.
The same goes for stdafx.h sometimes - it Undefines all of your macros for some weird reason, can lead to highly unpleasant and hard to find errors.

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement