Complete 3d Engines

Started by
3 comments, last by Beavt8r 21 years, 4 months ago
I have a quick question. Other than priced commercially available 3d engines, is there any engines that offer DirectX 8.1 support (for vertex shaders) that are free? I am working on a project now, and was just curious if there were any available for free. If you know of any, please let me know! Thanks! It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming... -Beavt8r
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
Advertisement
Have you tried 3D Game Studio? I''ve heard that it''s pretty good. And free, too, but I don''t know if that''s what you''re looking for.
Not much...I downloaded it before, but never really did check it out thoroughly. Is it fast? I''m making a FPS and I''m working on my own, but if there''s a good, pretty fast 3d engine out there for free, it would save time.

It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming...

-Beavt8r
The Ogre engine (http://ogre.sourceforge.net) recently went to the LPGL licensing. You might want to check it out.
Larry Johnson - Head flunky in charge of diddly-squat.www.sillisoft.com
Very nice...I think I ran across this earlier now that I think about it. Thanks alot! I''ll read a little more and see what I think, it looks like it might be what I am looking for. If any of you know any more, let me know! Thanks!

It is coming...8 years in the making and It is finally coming...

-Beavt8r

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement