tutorials' source code. where are the instructions?

Started by
3 comments, last by nickgrayson 21 years, 4 months ago
forgive me if i''m being stupid, but when i download the source code for a tutorial, having read that tutorial, there are no instructions for the source code, which, since i am using a different platform (mac os x/cocoa), is completely different. have i missed something? currently all i can do is look at the source code files for os x and go ''ooh, i wish i knew how to do that''. i can look at the tutorials online but they do not apply to the code that i download. is it intentional to only provide code and no instructions for os''s like mac. knowing from experience, its me that''s missed something, but at the moment i dont know how to create the code that can be downloaded. please help.
Advertisement
the majority of those tutorials are Windows specific. i.e they sport a WinMain function and do bizarro windows specific things. the openGL sections will port fine. you just have to find out how to open windows in Max OS and then rewrite the platform specific sections.

-me

[edited by - Palidine on November 21, 2002 6:39:25 PM]
The OpenGL-specific code should match up with the tutorial text, but yes, the platform-specific stuff is definitely going to be different. I haven''t yet had a chance to cover the "how is this put together" on the base code which comprises the Mac OS X/Cocoa ports.

I will be redesigning the ports themselves, at which point I hope to also write up a description of all the base code, how things are linked in Interface Builder, etc.
thanks.

i''ll be eagerly waiting...
Some of the tutorials have a SDL version as well, right? (I didn''t go to check). SDL works on Mac OS too, so...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement