Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remote Controls...

This topic is 5498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This isn''t game related at a first glance, but it dosn''t take much of an imagination to guess how it could be... I have recently got a soundblaster with a remote control - I want to write a program to respond to it - simple enough you would think. I found code to do it under linux - the remote control sends midi messages to the computer which are then interpreted and used - I tried this in windows and got nothing - not a single message. I then examined the open files of the remote control program creative supply - it had the midi port and something labeled com port 3 open, as the midi hadn''t worked I tried the ''com port'', except it dosn''t exist on my system, at least it dosn''t exist according to Windows. And before anyone sugests it, Creatives site is useless on anything other than EAX when it comes to developers. Anyone got any ideas (Or straight facts) on how its done? Thanks in advance. -Lethe