ASM Question

Started by
195 comments, last by notme 21 years, 4 months ago
Sabreman... listen to what I said. My comparisons were NOT IN GENERAL! THEY WERE COMPARED TO EACH OTHER! You quoted everything but the two sentences that would have stopped you from flaming me.

[edited by - elendil67 on December 1, 2002 1:42:46 PM]
When you go homeTell them of us, and say:For your tomorrow,We gave our today.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by elendil67
Sabreman... listen to what I said.

I read your post and asked you to provide further explanation. It would be nice to see some evidence of sentient thought behind your claims. I''ll repeat it: I''m particularly interested in what you mean by "flexible", as it is an important point.
quote:
You quoted everything but the two sentences that would have stopped you from flaming me.

You obviously have an extremely low threshold for what you consider to be a flame. Is any challenge to your comments considered to be flamage? Are you so arrogant that you expect us to go along with your unqualified opinion without providing the reasoning that leads to the opinion?
Just read the forward. I also notice that all of your posts have just been rebuttals to what people have said.

quote:Original post by SabreMan
I don''t see why you think you can achieve in a single post what hasn''t yet been achieved in nearly 200 posts.

SabreMan, do you have any experience in assembly language? I''ve read a few of your posts and you don''t seem to have the knowledge to back up your arguments. You are shooting down valid points without backing up your own statements.

I''ve programmed in Asm and C++ for years and I find elendil67''s Asm/C comparison to be very accurate. I''m not going to sit here and evangelize Assembly... I think you''ve got enough people here to do that. In the industry today, anyone can probably get by without knowing assembly. However, to say that it is useless doesn''t make much sense. Most major computer games at some point require assembly for optimizations. There is a reason for this, otherwise, why would Carmack & Co. be slavin'' away on optimizing Doom III right now? Assembly has it''s place. Whether or not you choose to learn it is your decision. But, the more you know the better off you are. Simply put.

- Jay

[ Here, taste this ]
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
Sabreman, don''t argue with idiots. They''ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Sabreman, don''t argue with idiots. They''ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Amen.

How very ironic.

Okay, kiddies, you''ve had your fun. While some are debating with integrity, most are not, and this thread simply continues to reiterate every single point brought to the table.

If you have any personal issues you''d like to discuss, take them up privately.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement