[java] How d'ya stop the wrapping!?!

Started by
1 comment, last by Goodlife 23 years, 11 months ago
Hi all-- I wrote a java app for my browser-- a sort of teaser on my web page. Underneath it is a caption. If I shrink the web page, the java applet gets clipped, but the caption, which is straight HTML, gets wrapped onto the next line! Is there some sort of tag, or something I can do to make the text run off the edge of the web window? Not strictly a java question, I know, but it would help my java app! Thanks in advance! -- Goodlife ----------------------------- Think of your mind as a door on a house. Leave the door always closed, and it's not a house, it's a prison. Leave the door always open, and it's not a house, it's a wilderness-- all the vermin creep in.
-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto
Advertisement
How about the pre tag?

It forces the text to be formatted in the same way it exists in the html file.

/pre would turn it off again. (You need to put them in < > braces, but I couldn''t here, or the forum would have stripped out the tags.)

Jesse Chounard
use &nbsp; instead of spaces in between your words. that will ensure that the browser won't break the text onto different lines. This line uses non breaking spaces to ensure that everything is on one line.

Edited by - Jim_Ross on 4/26/00 12:21:06 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement