• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arunvb

Help wanted urgently in Texture mapping, please

This topic is 6938 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying a render a 3D model from a .x file using the CD3DFile object, provided in the DX samples. The model has 2 texture maps associated with it. While using the CD3DFile to load this model in to memory and render it, do I need to take care of assigning the texture seperately or does CD3DFile take care to mapping the textures automatically. Thank you very much for any help on this. Arun

Advertisement
Hi,

Yes you will need to load in the textures seperately.

If you can, create you models with one large texture, or break down your .x models into 1 per texture. This simplifies the use of CD3DFile, because then you can; set active texture no. 1, render model no.1, set active texture no. 2, render model no.2 etc etc.

I''m not sure how you will be able to render one .x model with more than one texture, or even if you can.

Cheers

Matt

Check out my project at: www.btinternet.com/~Matthew.Bennett

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!