New Idea for a game! but i need help!

Started by
12 comments, last by Ninja Boy 23 years, 11 months ago
thank you all for your help!
I''ve decided it''s going to be a 3-D game with some puzzles. And yes there will be some "chop-sui" parts where you run in and chop demons to peices with your sword.

"blow up a lawnmower plant, save a lawn gnome!"
Advertisement
Anything copyrighted DOES have to be in tangable form. But anything creative you make is copyrighted. Just look HERE for a better explanation.

Well, back on the original subject, if you''re just starting in computer game programming, I''d suggest 2D. You can always make version 2 3D, but 2D is easier, in my opinion, to write then 3D. Much faster to make a prototype, including the graphics, since you said in a different post that you don''t know how to make them. (Well, you said 3D in that post, not 2D)
3D animation is harder too. In 2D, you just switch between different images, whereas in 3D, you have to program in realistic movement right into the code.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
thanks wolf, i needed that help. Right now I''m not thinking of actually programming it. All I''m doing now is gathering ideas and settingup the way the game will look, then I''ll worry about all that other stuff!

P.S. I don''t know how to program, but i know HTML

I personally would go with a 3D game. If you have a good control scheme, a good understanding of the limitations of the platform you are creating the game on, and know how to program very well or know someone that does then 3D can be very rewarding . I think that taking the blasting of demon swarms and puzzles and have them both present in the game would make a more enjoyable game then just one or the other. A puzzle can range for a lock door to trying to figuring out how to make it from point A to point B when over whelmed by to many of demon swarms.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement