Job

Started by
4 comments, last by Freeride Designs 23 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I''m just finishing my A-levels (Maths, Physics and Computing) and I''m going to university to study computers in October, so I was wondering if I''d be able to get a job from now until October in the games industry. I love games programming and would really enjoy the experience. The reason I''m posting this here, is that I''m not sure what jobs might be available for somebody in my position. So any help will be appreciated. Please post any help, and/or contact information please. I live in the UK if your interested. Thanks Carl Warwick
----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
Advertisement
Unfortunately you probably should have sorted out such a position a few months ago. By the time you get something started now it will be October : (

Dan Marchant
www.obscure.co.uk
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
look at lionhead, they had some jobs ofr ppl like this, 6 to 12 months only for students and alike, dont know about pay working hours etc, try their site www.lionhead.co.uk i think
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
Are you any good any developing games? If "no" then probably not.
Obscure: You're probably right, I just never thought about a job until recently when it hit me that I'm finishing my A-levels very soon.

Akura: Thanks for the URL, looks like the thing I'm after.

Buster: I believe I am quite good at it, I've never finished a really big game, but have finished a few games which I think are pretty good.

Edited by - Freeride Designs on 4/26/00 7:08:41 PM
----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
I''ve looked at several places that have internship programs that last for a summer. I think Lucas Arts, Firaxis, and Electronic Arts all have them, of course these are in the US and you probably don''t want to come all the way over here. Your probably to late for this summer though. Here is a link to an article on Gamasutra about interships that might help too. http://www.gamasutra.com/features/19991202/scheib_01.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement