• Announcements

• khawk

Download the Game Design and Indie Game Marketing Freebook   07/19/17

GameDev.net and CRC Press have teamed up to bring a free ebook of content curated from top titles published by CRC Press. The freebook, Practices of Game Design & Indie Game Marketing, includes chapters from The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, and An Architectural Approach to Level Design. The GameDev.net FreeBook is relevant to game designers, developers, and those interested in learning more about the challenges in game development. We know game development can be a tough discipline and business, so we picked several chapters from CRC Press titles that we thought would be of interest to you, the GameDev.net audience, in your journey to design, develop, and market your next game. The free ebook is available through CRC Press by clicking here. The Curated Books The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition, by Jesse Schell Presents 100+ sets of questions, or different lenses, for viewing a game’s design, encompassing diverse fields such as psychology, architecture, music, film, software engineering, theme park design, mathematics, anthropology, and more. Written by one of the world's top game designers, this book describes the deepest and most fundamental principles of game design, demonstrating how tactics used in board, card, and athletic games also work in video games. It provides practical instruction on creating world-class games that will be played again and again. View it here. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, by Joel Dreskin Marketing is an essential but too frequently overlooked or minimized component of the release plan for indie games. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing provides you with the tools needed to build visibility and sell your indie games. With special focus on those developers with small budgets and limited staff and resources, this book is packed with tangible recommendations and techniques that you can put to use immediately. As a seasoned professional of the indie game arena, author Joel Dreskin gives you insight into practical, real-world experiences of marketing numerous successful games and also provides stories of the failures. View it here. An Architectural Approach to Level Design This is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. It connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory. View it here. Learn more and download the ebook by clicking here. Did you know? GameDev.net and CRC Press also recently teamed up to bring GDNet+ Members up to a 20% discount on all CRC Press books. Learn more about this and other benefits here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewelaye

Curious about others art...

49 posts in this topic

quote:
Original post by Jewelaye
Oh cool so youre married to? =)
Thought that you where a teen ....but in an adolt way..or something! ....

Ok, I know this is an old quote, but... Are you married too? You''re only 17! (Well, one of my sisters got married at 15 and had her first kid at 17, but she''s weird )

E:cb woof!

Hahaa was lmost having a ball when reading this...i understand why youre asking...my bad english...
are you married to?.....hehehe im not.....yet
havent found a person that i would like to settel down with yet.... ....but have nothing against marriage...but im still to young... Thats not that fun with youre sister shes so young!!!!!! but she was married when getting pregnant and thats good......! but not in that age...
gotta run catch a bus /

JEWELAYE

Actually, she wan''t pregnant. She didn''t have her first kid ''till 2 years later (married: 15, kid: 17)

She just wanted to get married.

BTW: She was married for a little over 15 years before getting a divorce because he cheated on her.

Oh....poor her losing her life on that guy! It lasted at least very long time compared to most of the marriages....
mmmmm.....Hate adultury!!!!....dunno if its the right word...but unfaithful....mmmm....its a bad thing!!!!...
Good that they got divorced!...feels sorry for her!....
How come shes just wanted to get married?....why.....
its odd int that age....mmmm.....(in our culture(sweden)..)......./

JEWELAYE

It''s odd in our culture as well. In fact, she had to get written permition from my mom before she could legally be married. I''m not sure why she wanted to get married that early. If I was her dad, I''d have told her to wait a while longer.

Yeah, adultery is the right word. Yeah, it IS bad.

I would say that it is fortunate the you're not her dad. Father and brother at the same time, yuck!

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on May 16, 2000 6:27:03 AM

Yeah, hehe, that and she''s 7 years older then me. She''d beat me up if I tried to tell her what to do!
I''m the child of the family, my sisters are 7,8, and 10 years older then me. They also have a different dad. That''s why there''s such an age gap between me and my youngest sister.

But, hey, we''re going off topic, lets see some other art! I just drew a skinny character a few days back but I havn''t been able to scan it in yet. Soon!

*grins*...
heheh ....
lets se if shes skinny this time! .....didnt thought that the other one was so skinny ....*grin*

JEWELAYE

I haven''t updated it in a couple of weeks, but I have some stuff here www.chewedpencil.com

Hey! Mirado! cool stuff there!!!...theyre really good!
Liked the spiderman very sexy! .....

Jewelaye

Edited by - Jewelaye on May 18, 2000 9:39:01 AM

Nice drawings. You should post your favorate ones in a message. That way people can get a taste and see your site if they like them.

Ack. I'm having troubles uploading some pictures. Here's a few skinny characters:

(click on one to go to my site)

Look, it's Jeweleye! Hehe.

Edited by - dog135 on May 22, 2000 11:29:22 AM

Here''s another new one. I really like this one. She''s imitating "The Fonz"...

*lol* E:cb.... was having a ball when reading that! ..and then when i saw what you had writen on your page!!!! ....hahaha! Yeah you have done her skinny this time!!!... But the hips is tho large ...they should be skinny to! :p....what is "The Fonz"?
*lol* you called the skinny one for jewelaye!!! ....
thanx!!
/me
btw...what do you think about my heart? ....wondering whether i should keep it or not ....

Jewelaye

Hey, we can't let dog135 keep monopolizing this topic

Here's what I'm working on at the moment:

I hope you like it

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on May 23, 2000 7:01:13 AM

Hey, if you don''t want me to monopolize, keep posting!!

I like the heart! Keep it!

Don''t like the hips!? Girls get wide hips when they become women! It''s natural. Besides, most guys like that.

Oh, by the way, the "Fonz" is the guy on the tv show "Happy Days" that wore the black leather jacket and was considered very cool. It''s an old show and probably only played in the US. But EVERYONE here knows who "Fonzy" is!

I was just looking over my site, seeing if there''s anything I need to work on, when I saw something. I did have a skinny character on there! An old one. Here it is:

Nice army guy, Witchlord! Is that for a game or just for fun?

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

Thanks Alex!

It''s half for fun and half for a game. I''m currently working on a game of my own, and this is a concept for the player character. Maybe I will even use the picture as background in the menu when it''s finished. The fun part is that as concept art it is finished, but I will continue to draw it to give it more detail and a clearer look so that I can call it ''art''.

- WitchLord

Hi Dog123
Whys youre skinny chars look sad?...

And to WitchLord its getting better every day!
actually id like him in a "clean" swat custom...in grey..its gets it look more futuristic... ...just a point...I really like the helmet...!

Jewelaye

That one above I drew while waiting for the ferry. There was a farmer lady that didn''t have her tickets and had to walk back to the booth and buy one. Her outfit inspired me. But she''s not sad, she''s just like, "I can''t find my tickets! I must have left them at home"

I like how the shading turned out on that one.