• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moe

resource files?!?

This topic is 6932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I understand what resource files are, but I am not sure how to use them. Suppose i want to include my own icon in my program. I know i have to make an icon, but i have to doing something with the resource file for my project, right? Can someone tell me step by step on how to use resource files (in VC++ 6)? - Moe -

Advertisement
When you go to add an icon to your project in VC, it should create a resource script for you... If not, then on the File / New dialog box there should be something to add a resource script to your project. Don''t try to add more than one, though, there''s one resource script per project as far as I know.

so in the resource file i create an icon file and a .h file to declare what is in the resource file, then include the .h file in the main code along with all the other include files?

when i create a resource script all i see is a folder. so i add the icon (or whatever files) into the resource file along with a .h file?

- Moe -

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!