Visual Basic question

Started by
6 comments, last by Verbena 23 years, 12 months ago
I know this is going to come off to you as a dumb newbie question, but I don''t care. Anyways, I''ve been coding with QBasic for a while now, and I absolutely despise working with DOS. I want to try out Visual Basic, since I heard it works alot like QBasic, but I was wondering... does Visual Basic come with your computer or do you have to buy it? Dumb, I know... -_-;;
PRINTCOLOR 10PRINT "My name is Verbena."PRINT "You shall bow before me."
Advertisement
Verbena, you have to buy it. Nice nick, by the way. Do you play Mage, or is it a coincidence?

while( strcmp(reply,flame) )    followThread();

random-nomad
Must just be a coincidence. I got my nick from a tv show I like. ^_- I''m glad you like it.

"You see that? Even as a hologram, I''VE GOT IT!"
Buy it. If you look somewhere, you CAN (don''t argue) find a free (not warez) version of Visual Basic 4.0. Note: QBasic is really really really like Visual Basic. Not too much to change.
Hm... do you know where I could d/l it? I went to download.com and also to the Microsoft website, but I can''t even find a demo or trial version. =P
I think version 4.0 is now unsupported so it will be very hard to find. Sorry, I used to have a copy of it, but I left it at my uncles house. If you contact me in 2 months I can get you a copy. If you want to spend 99$(US) for a standard edition you can go to just about any computer store. I think there is a learning edition, but it is limited. Good luck!
If you want Visual Studio 97 (version 5) Enterprise Edition (best you can get), which includes VB 5 and C++ and Java, I have it for sale, but it''s the student edition, so it''s fully functional but you can''t have it unless you''re a student.

I''m also try to sell VB 4 Professional (NOT the student version), excellent condition with all the manuals and stuff.

VB''s good for Windows (app) programming, because you can add functionality to your program with little or no code. Just drop in a textbox or RealPlayer or FileBox control, and away you go.

Lack

Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
I think you should buy it. I''ve been making game with Visual Basic 5/6. And if you would like to join my Game Creation Team. Then send me an e-mail at jono_subaru@hotmail.com

You can check out the games I have made or making with VB at http://zatanik.tripod.com Thnks From Jono

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement