IGF

Started by
3 comments, last by AtypicalAlex 23 years, 11 months ago
Hey everyone, sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but it''s something I''ve been very curious about: How many of you guys are planning games to submit to the Independant Games Festival in 2001? I know that a LOT of indie developers hang out here, and I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of the number of submissions they get, and how many of you are planning on it. In case you''re curious of my devious motive =) ... The game I''m working on, Enigma, is going to be submitted to the IGF. Alex Atypical Interactive www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Advertisement
Gee, i didnt'' even know there was an Independent Games Festival in 2001. Guess i better get cracking on my game. Just kidding, I probably wont'' submit one cause i''m only 17.
Alex, there was a guy talking about his game Quaternion, which was a finalist at IGF, in this thread. Anyway, I don''t know how many entries IGF gets each year, but one thing you should do (if you haven''t already) is check out this year''s finalists. At one finalist''s website, he talked about how he went to GDC and got a booth to show off his game -- it sounded pretty sweet
Hehe, way ahead of you, Eric I''ve actually been following Quaternion for a while and I''ve had a look at all of finalists. I was really encouraged by the fact that several 2D games were nominated ... makes me feel better.

The whole experience sounds AWESOME, and I definitely want to be a part of it. I''ll check out that other thread, thanks a lot.

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Bwah! 2D games kick ass! We should never forget them! Bwah!
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement