• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sabin1

Books,C,and life after

This topic is 5683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of game development(and a total newb in programming to)so any help I would appreciate it! First off, what books would you recommend for C and C++, I know neither is considered a beginners language, but I figure if I can stick with it and learn it, programming will become that much easier. Also what compilers do you suggest(I'll buy them to, as long as it's not to expensive). Also what books do you like in game development, not just in programming(art,music,level design,ect.), covering all aspects in making a game(from start)and finding a way to get an audience for it. And anything related or relavent you think I should know(websites with good tutorials in programming and explain alot of the tricky questions), again thank you for all your help and I'm glad a I became a member of the forums! Sabin [edited by - Sabin1 on November 30, 2002 6:18:41 PM]

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by sabin1
Hey guys,

I''m new to the world of game development(and a total newb in programming to)so any help I would appreciate it! First off, what books would you recommend for C and C++, I know neither is considered a beginners language, but I figure if I can stick with it and learn it, programming will become that much easier.

Also what books do you like in game development, not just in programming(art,music,level design,ect.), covering all aspects in making a game(from start)and finding a way to get an audience for it.

And anything related or relavent you think I should know, again thank you for all your help and I''m glad a I became a member of the forums!

Sabin

Beginning C By Ivor Horton (spelling?) Published by Wrox

Teach yourself C in 21 days Published by Sams (don''t expect to finish it in 21 days though).

Since your a "total newb to programming" I''d suggest you concentrate on learning programming first.

Yeah, your right probably a good idea to start programming first before I even attempt anything else.Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!