• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoolyUK

Please test my 3d bomberman game!

This topic is 5704 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya guys Just finished my first Opengl game! Its a 3d bomberman game, with water and quake 2 models You move with the arrow keys and drop bombs with enter key for player 1. Player 2 is A,W,S,D and space! Collect the smaller bomb powerups to increase the range of your bombs! Please test this game and let me know what u think! I plan on adding more levels, menu screens and sound effects (it has music at the moment though) as well as more powerups soon! You can download it from http://woolyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bomberman.zip and its only around 700k! Please give it a try! Thanks for any comments! Adam

Advertisement
Not bad, and hell it works! Exactly what someone''s first/second gaming project should be like

I''m sure you want criticism about it:
You can still drop bombs if you die
Make some sorta menu to start/exit the game, and maybe let the players choose their character (since you use md2 models, this would be a nice addition).
More powerups
The control seems a bit unresponsive...

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
http://bhp.e-chrono.net/
Resident expert on stuff
max621@barrysworld.com
||--------------------------||

hi,
loved the game. as soon as you''ve implemented the things you plan on adding in it should be great. i also found the controls a bit unresponsive. also, powerups appear when the bomb explodes over empty land.

anyway, ive got a long break ahead of me during which ive finally decided to put some time towards learning programming, so i''m curious as to how much time it took to make a game like this, how long you''ve been programming for, and how many lines of coding it required... are you going to release the source later on? if you are, plz let me know.

Thats really good. Nice work.

The game runs smooth, and the music is a nice touch.

As mentioned before, power-ups appear over empty land.

The controls worked find for me, but I didn''t like the ''grid'' based movement. This isn''t a bug or anything, just my personal preference. The original Bombermans didn''t force you on to the center of a square.. This insn''t a big deal, but I think it would make the game more fluid.

Looks really good-- Can''t wait for the final release.

Will

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!