A Radiosity Hemicube

Started by
1 comment, last by Mulligan 21 years, 4 months ago
Creating a radiosity algorithim to compute lighting, and am at the point where I must render a hemicube. I just had a few question to make sure I''m approaching it correctly. 1 - My approach is to render the scene facing forward the normal of a patch, then save the screenshot to a file "front.tga", then repeat the process looking up, down, left and right. After that I will apply the correction factors. 2 - Here is one thing I can''t figure out though: My level editor displays a rectangular shaped window, the size of the window can change. If I want to generate images for the hemicube, I need a way to create screenshots of a uniform size, regardless of how big the viewing window is. Also, its a hemi"CUBE", which means that my screenshots have to be square in shape. How would I do all this?
Advertisement

1 - Ok, it''ll work, but that sounds Sloooooooooooooow. At least look up rendering to a texture, if not how to compute light emission without resorting to rendering.

2 - No real trick to this: Just set your pixelformat and gluPerspective() properly.
Ah ha, that sounds more like it. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement