• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liquidus4

Recomended format for levels

This topic is 5647 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am wondering what 3d file format to use for my levels. I was planning on 3D studio max, but when i looked up how to load them into my game it was really wierd. Something about chunks and pointers to chunks or something like that. I am getting 3D studio max from my university at a discount price anyway, since i think learning it will be very useful, and i am sure it exports to many formats. What are your recomendations for a file format for my level. The levels are for a 3d version of Smash TV, so they will be fairly small and simple. I want something that basically stores vertices and texture names for each surface/collection of vertices. SO in my game i can basically figure out which texture to use, and then draw the vertices. Thanks

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!