• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlackJester

Win32 Help (ewww :) ) Bitmap and Owned windows, C'mon down!

This topic is 5802 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey! Ok, i know you all don''t like win32, but rest assured, NO MFC IS INVOLVED! So you can all settle down now Ok, heres the meat. I''m building a scenerio editor for our upcoming title, and I have a main window, toolbar, status bar, render window, and tool window. The tool window is a floating tool window and there is a button in the toolbar to hide/show this bar. Now, For that button, I have an icon loaded in my resources, and I want to add it to the button. I made a button class like so: TBBUTTON tbb[4]; Now, i have 3 buttons that are perfect, new, open, save, and I use the standard bitmaps for that and they work great. (i.e. STD_FILESAVE, STD_FILEOPEN, etc..) I try to use this for my icon but to no avail... tbb[3].idBitmap = IDI_ICON1; and it won''t show up. I also tried making this a bitmap but it won''t work. Anyway, if you''ve delt with this before, any tips are great. Now, for my tool window. I need to make it "owned", but not a child window. If you know how to do that, sweet, and could you please let me know how An example is like the tool windows in Photoshop or the like. Right now its just a popup and it takes focus from the main window when its clicked on, which i don''t want. I tried to make it a child window but it gets funny clipping problems with the menu. Ok I''m done, and for some reason people don''t respond to large posts, but go against the flow and be a pal Thanx

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan
[TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by TheBlackJester
Ok, i know you all don''t like win32

not everyone hates their development environment.

I understand that, but please only post if you have helpful or insightful information. Thanx

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan
Name: TheBlackJester
Team: Wildfire Studios

Projects
O A.D.
The Last Alliance

[edited by - TheBlackJester on December 1, 2002 10:40:17 PM]

[edited by - TheBlackJester on December 1, 2002 10:41:08 PM]

[edited by - TheBlackJester on December 1, 2002 10:41:32 PM]

[edited by - TheBlackJester on December 1, 2002 10:42:03 PM]

www.winprog.org
Master the tutorial section. They show you how to make toolbars.

I don''t think your version of "owned" windows without being a child exist within the context you mention in the standard win32 api.

Search the msdn online help for info on createwindowex with a toolbar style.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!