can sombody write some code for me?

Started by
5 comments, last by thedude 21 years, 4 months ago
Hi! OK, heres the deal : I suck at programming (at the moment anyhow) i need to know how to initialise Direct Draw (7 or 8) , blit and release a static bitmap to full screen (as well as all the windows code etc). None of the tutes i have tried work - this is my last hope. Can somebody please just write a short progam that does the above AND NOTHING ELSE and send me the source code. Thanks. yours hopelessly, thedude.
Advertisement
I don''t think anyone on here is really that bored, but while you''re at it... take a look around, there are lots of tutorials
Someone already did that, it''s the sample code that comes with the DX SDK. Look throught the DirectDraw demos, they are listed in a directory called \DXSDK\samples\Multimedia\DirectDraw.
Well, if you want to know how to setup Direct Draw 7 (there isn''t a version 8), there''s a tutorial for that here. It''s not the most comprehensive, but I''m sure you could find a better one if you looked hard enough. As for how to load a bitmap and blit it to the screen, I wrote a tutorial on it here.

quote:Original post by thedude
Hi! OK, heres the deal : I suck at programming (at the moment anyhow) i need to know how to initialise Direct Draw (7 or 8) , blit and release a static bitmap to full screen (as well as all the windows code etc). None of the tutes i have tried work - this is my last hope. Can somebody please just write a short progam that does the above AND NOTHING ELSE and send me the source code. Thanks.

yours hopelessly,

thedude.

OWWW too bad it''s Dx i would luv to do if it was oGL :D
Metal Typhoon
I say we send one with Dx Init, one with openGL Init, one with WinGDI Init, and one with SDL. Just to get more questions asking which is better to use.
Please don''t ask other people to do your work here. We''ll be more than happy to help you learn, or point to tutorials and resources, but most of us will not write your code for you.

-Ryan "Run_The_Shadows"
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
-The Navidson Record! The best film you''ll never see!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement